Welcome to CAT Exam 2013 Section. Here you will get all information about CAT Exam 2013, CAT EXAM Date 2013, CAT Entrance Exam Paper 2013 and more
Mean Time You would love to Read below information for CAT Exam 2013.
What is CAT Exam ? Why You Appear for CAT Exam in 2013 ?
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the management programes of its seven business schools (IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, IIML and others).
CAT Exam 2013 Selection Process
Candidates in the Final Year of Graduation For CAT Exam -After giving the examination if the candidate is short listed for interview, and he/she is appearing for the final bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination must show an original certificate from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar/ Director of the university/institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and DA category) based on latest available grades/marks. He/she must submit a photocopy of the original certificate at the time of interview.
For the PGP of IIMs, such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate, stating that they have completed all the requirements (the results may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit original mark sheet and degree certificate of having passed the bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal/Registrar of their college/institute. They must obtain at least 50% marks or equivalent. They also must submit a photocopy of the mark sheets and degree certificate. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission. IIMs would not allow any candidate to join their programme in case the candidate is unable to complete all the requirements for a bachelor degree.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid email account throughout the selection process.
What is CAT Exam 2013 Paper Pattern and Duration ?
The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes including initial 15 minute tutorial. No breaks will be given during the test. The test consists of questions that evaluate a candidate’s quantitative, verbal, and logical & data interpretation abilities. Therefore, there are a total of three sections in the test. There will be about 60 questions in the test.
At the test venue, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculations. After the test, candidate must leave the scratch paper at the desk. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room.
CAT 2013 Syllabus for QA – Quantitative Ability
* Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc)
* Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations
* Quadratic and linear equations
* Profit & Loss
* Averages, Percentages, Partnership
* Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time
* Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS
* Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
* Simple Interest & Compound Interest
* Set Theory, Venn Diagram
* Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks
* Probability, Permutations & Combinations
CAT 2013 Syllabus for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
* Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. visit tutorial»
* Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
* Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
* Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
CAT 2013 Syllabus for English Syllabus:-
Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.
CAT 2013 Syllabus for GK/GA/BA
* Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
* Famous award and prizes
* World Records
* Books and authors
* Science, History, Geography, International organisations
* Important quotations
* Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
How to Prepare for CAT Exam in 2013 ?
For the Answer please read our post at Follow Five Steps for CAT Preparation in 3 Months
Please note: The information above including CAT Exam 2013 Selection Process, CAT EXAM 2013 ELIGIBILITY, CAT Exam 2013 Paper Pattern and Duration and CAT Exam 2013 Syllabus subject to change as per IIM Official. The Information above presented here with reference of previous year’s CAT Exam Selection Process, CAT EXAM ELIGIBILITY, CAT Exam Paper Pattern and Duration and CAT Exam Syllabus. Before appearing for CAT we would request you to please visit IIM official website for CAT or read the brochure or related documents from IIM officials to get updated information about CAT 2013