Last updated on 26-October-2014
ICAR Exam 2013 – Dates, Eligibility & Application Procedure:- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research is an autonomous organization under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
ICAR is the only body coordinating, guiding and organizing research and education in agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, and animal sciences in India. It is the largest national agricultural system in the whole world with a number of ICAR institutes and Agricultural Colleges spread across the country.
Objectives of ICAR
- It promotes excellence in higher education in the field of Agriculture. India being an agricultural country, ICAR makes a visual growth in the field of national food and nutrition.
- It is a clear house of research and information related to agriculture and allied fields through its publication, technology and information systems.
- It promotes consultancy services in the fields of education, training and research in agriculture, animal husbandry, fisheries and allied services.
- It helps in solving problems in rural development by developing cooperative programs with Indian Council of Social Science Research, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Bhabha Atomic Research Center and the various universities.
ICAR Exam Date:- 20th April, 2013, Saturday
Programs offered after ICAR entrance test
ICAR conducts a All India Entrance Exam for admission to graduate and postgraduate courses in Agriculture (AIEEA)
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs inAgriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Forestry, Home Science, Sericulture, Biotechnology, Agricultural Engineering, Dairy Technology, Food Science, Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation.
- Master Degree programsare in the fields of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Agri. Engineering, Home Science, Biotechnology, Physical Science, Social Sciences, Dairy Science, Fisheries Science, Veterinary Science and other allied sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree program in Veterinary Science is not included in this test
- Candidate should get 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination PCM/ PCB/ PCMB/ PCA/ PCH subject combinations.
- The percentage is relaxed to 40% for candidate from SC, ST and PH categories.
- Candidates who have appeared for the exams and awaiting results are eligible to apply.
For Post graduates
- A bachelor’s Degree in the field of Agriculture and allied sciences
- The requirement of marks in General, OBC and UPS categories is to secure at least 60% marks
- For SC/ST/PH, the requirement is 50% marks.
- For admission in M.V.Sc. programmes, the candidate must have completed B.V.Sc./ B.V.Sc. & A.H. with Internship
Exam Pattern and syllabus
- There is one question paper consisting of 180 multiple choice objective type questions
- Subjects in Stream A include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agriculture.
- Stream B includes Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- The questions will be in Hindi and English.
- One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- There is one question paper in each major subject consisting of 150 objective multiple-choice questions
- 10 cross matching questions
- I mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
- The papers are in English only.
There are 2 written papers
- Consists of General Knowledge common for all subjects to test the ability of the student’s awareness of the environment around him.
- It will contain questions on General Knowledge in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Fisheries and Allied Sciences, etc. including current events
- It is a 90 minutes paper with 100 objective multiple-choice questions.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer.
- This paper has subject specified multiple choice questions.
- It is of two and a half hours duration with 200 objective questions.
A successful candidate from the Agricultural institutes have a wide option to get jobs in the production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, dairy and , fishery
ICAR conducts an All India Entrance Examination for admission to Bachelor’s Degree Programs (AIEEA-UG) and Master’s Degree Programmes (AIEEA-PG) in agriculture and allied sciences for Indian nationals.
You May Love to Read This.....