What is JEE
JEE Exam 2013 – Dates, Eligibility & Application Procedure:- The new Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) has been formally accepted by the IITs and different state boards for giving admission to undergraduate programmes in Engineering/Technical programmes. According to the official statement of CBSE, the JEE (Main) exam will replace the AIEEE exam and JEE (Advanced) will replace the IIT-JEE from next academic session.
The Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted in two parts: JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. According to the new pattern, only top 150,000 who qualify the exam will be eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced.
Admission to prestigious IITs will be done on the basis of category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in Advanced exam and top 20 percentile categories of such candidates in CBSE exam. However, admission to NITs and IIITs will be given on the basis of performance in Class XII board exam with 40% weightage and remaining 60% weightage will be given to performance in the JEE Main.
Eligibility for JEE-Main for this year
Those who want to appear in JEE (Main) 2013 must have passed Class XII examination or its equivalent qualifying examination from a recognised board or university. Those who are appearing in the Class XII final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in the JEE (Main) exam. However, admission criteria in the respective institution/university will be followed as mentioned by the respective university/institution as per the guidelines & criteria prescribed by AICTE.
List of Qualifying Examinations
Pattern of Examination
JEE Main examination would have the following exam pattern:
The first paper would have objective questions that relates to physics, chemistry and mathematics which you will have to answer within duration of three hours.
The second paper would contain three parts that consists of mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test. The drawing test among these would be of objective type. This test should be answered within time duration of three hours.
The pattern of the examination will be objective type with four options having single correct answer. For each wrong answer 1/4 mark will be deducted from the total allocated marks. There will be no negative marking for indicating no response for an item in the answer sheet.
The maximum three attempts a student can take uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years. The candidates who passed Class XII examination in 2011 or 2012 in Class XII are only eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2013. Candidates who have cleared Class XII in 2010 or before or appearing in 2014 are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) exam in 2013.
When will this examination be held
Normally both the online and offline exams would be held in the month of April every year.
This examination has proved to be extremely helpful to the students and pupils who clear this examination are sure to get the best out of it.
We wish you all the luck and all the best for the JEE exam of this year.