TANCET 2012 Application Process - Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test-TANCET 2012 Application Procedure.
The Government of Tamilnadu have authorised Anna University for conducting the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) for admission to
3) M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan Degree Programmes offered in colleges in Tamilnadu.
Offered at University Departments / University Colleges of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamilnadu.
Eligibility for TANCET 2012:
1. MBA: A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained atleast 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination in 10+2+3 years pattern (or) 10+3 years Diploma + 3 years pattern (or) B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch./ B.Pharm. (or) AMIE with 2 years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after passing all the subjects.
2. MCA: A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in 10+2+3/4 years (or) 10+3 years Diploma + 3 years pattern in any discipline with Mathematics at +2 level and obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
3. M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan.: Details of the common eligibility criteria are available in the “Information & Instructions Booklet” for TANCET 2012 to be issued during Spot Registration and also in the website: www.annauniv.edu/tancet2012
Note: (i)Candidates admitted through lateral entry in degree courses are not eligible except B.E./B.Tech. degree courses
(ii) Candidates with B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A./ M.Sc. degrees obtained through week-end courses and B.E./B.Tech. through distance mode are not eligible.
Those who are appearing for final year / semester examination of the above qualifying degrees in April / May 2012 can also apply for TANCET 2012.
Important Dates :
Last date for spot registration at co-ordinating centers and registration through Internet: 23rd February, 2012
Last date for spot registration at Chennai centers and registration through Internet: 25th February, 2012
Date and Time of Examination
MBA: 31.03.2012 (Saturday) – 10.00 Am to 12.00 Noon
MCA: 31.03.2012 (Saturday) – 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM
ME/ M.Tech./ M.Arch / M.Plan: 01.04.2012 (Sunday) – 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
To Apply for TANCET 2012:
Application Form is common for all the three entrance tests.
Candidates have to submit only one application. The candidates have to pay a fee of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu on production of a copy of Permanent Community Certificate in card format) as entrance test fee for any one of the programmes either (1) M.B.A. or (2) M.C.A. or (3) M.E./M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan.
If a candidate desires to appear for more than one programme, for every additional programme, he/ she has to pay Rs.500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC /SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu).
Registration For The Entrance :
(1) SPOT REGISTRATION: Hall Tickets will be issued to the candidates who come in person to the following Co-ordinating Centres with a copy of 10th Std. mark sheet and 12th Std. mark sheet (or 3 years Diploma Certificate) and cash or Demand Draft * (A single DD is sufficient for one or more programe) for the required amount towards entrance test fee.
Registration Through Internet
The candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tancet2012 .
The completed downloaded application along with the required demand draft and photocopies of certificates should reach The Secretary, TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 on or before 25.02.2012, by 5.30 p.m.
The hall tickets will be sent by post.
The demand draft should be drawn in favour of ‘The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University,’ payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalized bank on or after 22.01.2012.